- Tinylove 3 in 1 babysitter. I held off buying one of these because I wanted to get to know my baby first and see whether I actually needed to buy one. After a month of not being able to put Elle down I realised I definitely needed one, and one that would rock or vibrate. I kept a look out on the marketplace on facebook but it seems the Swedes have a thing for the expensive babybjorn babysitters which are very simple and even second hand are over £60. So I found this one for a little bit more, it is 3 in 1, it works as a babysitter, a crib and a highchair. It also vibrates which really helps keep Elle asleep and it has a mobile which lights up and plays music which she is absolutely fascinated by.
- My friend gave us this giant elephant which is designed for babies to be able to lie against – at last another way I could put Elle down and she would be happy. She took to it straight away! She must have got a love for elephants from somewhere…
- Sleeping bags. I’ve got to say I don’t know what I’d of done without a sleeping bag. I just worry so much less than if she were to have a blanket instead because I don’t need to worry about it sliding off and her getting cold or it getting pulled over her face.
- My friend gave me her pop in newborn nappies to try and they are GREAT! I feel so much better using them and knowing I’m not filling up a landfill… although I guess it doesn’t matter as much in Sweden as they don’t have them. But hey ho, I’m saving a lot of money nonetheless.
- Music box. Oh I love her music box. This was a lovely gift and it calms her right down. I use it when shes really upset and it really seems to work. I think its a reassuring noise as I also played it to her while she was in my belly!
- Last but not least, probably my favourite one – the Tummy tub! I don’t have a photo but it’s basically like a clear bucket that you use as a baby bath and it imitates them being in the womb. Elle absolutely LOVES it. It’s a lifesaver when nothing else works to calm her down. It hasn’t failed yet.